Thursday, July 24, 2008

Truth...

Have been watching the political drama of Najib, Anwar and RPK and everyone who is out there to get everyone unfolds, and i must say, it's kinda entertaining when viewed in the drama perspective. This is definitely not the quest for truth, as in no one seems interested in getting to the bottom of who did what to whom, but rather, how this political game is benefiting me! hmmm.. As a Malaysian, oh..i do worry about the future... both ecomnomically ( as in how prepared are we to face the rising inflation and probably comming recesssion) and also socially ( looks like if you are in power now, you can do anything you like, without a care for the law)It's a " It's looks like me, it sounds like me but it's not me" syndrome!

Well, was listening to Ajahn Brahm's talk the other day. Was really intrigued when he said that there's religions that "bends the facts to fit the faith" and some that "bends the faith to fit the facts!"

Yes, this make lots of sense to me! From young, i never believe lots of "pantang-larang" that my parents and bro tried to impose on me! I was the rebelious type infact.. i would sweep the floor on first day of CNY to prove my point, and go agaist lots of superstitions that to me is just utter rubbish....No pointing to a moon etc.. err??? who cares? The moon definitely dun care if you point to it!

Well, these days, my bro is still the extremely superstitious and i am less rebellious now. I adhered to the no sweeping rule on CNY just to make everyone happy. Well, for those superstitious ppl out there, "if you want to be lucky in life, this is what you do... be thankful for what you have and help others in need whenever/wherever possible! It's always possible! and please, dun expect anything in return!" Make sense to you?

Ending this post with a quote from the Dalai Lama:"If you want others to be happy, practise compassion. If you want to be happy, practise compassion." That's the true truth!

No comments: