Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bai bai to my little friends!

Just received this email...

Dear Brothers & Sisters in the Dhamma,

First of all I would like to say Maha Sadhu to all of you who have contributed and help make it possible to the purchase of new clothes for the Myanmar cyclone affected children. Those children will be receiving your dana through a group of devotees leaving on 8 Nov 2008.

Also I would like to say Maha Sadhu to those who have contributed and also helped in the collection for the Khatina at Ariyamaggin Monastery, Yangon, Burma. This is however still open if anyone of you wish to contribute as they are still short of funds for the Khatina. Last date for this collection is on 2 Nov 2008.

I am now assisting them to look for any used unwanted soft toys to be given to those ophans in Myanmar. It has to be soft toys only as these will be hand carried by the devotees for the children. Please call me at 012-4278088 or email me at ritateoh@hotmail.com to arrange for collection of your toys.They can only carry about 4 cartons - medium size. Last date for this collection is also on 2 Nov 2008.

Please pass this message to your friends or relatives who can contribute in one way or another . May you "see" the serene joy that lingers throughout your breathe in all your Metta givings.May you "touch" the essence of freedom in your actions of parting all your goodness unto others who are less fortunate. Maha Sadhu to all of you !!!

Metta

Rita


This is the happy family group of soft toys i have collected over the years and am parting with them this time. Well, this group of little friends have acompanied me through thick and thin during my UK days and hopefully they will now bring more cheers to the Burmese kids who will receive them! I will definitely missed my Tiger, 2 Pickachus (bigP and fatP), Pingu, 3 Looney Toons, Goofy, Mr. Sneeze, Me2You Ping, Purple Sharkey, and Tweety Fairy!

Tiger always light up my days and Mr. Sneeze always bring a smile to me whenever he falls off and hit me and ai aichu aiiiichhhuuu. Big P is the oldest among all, he is the Tai Ko as he has been with me since my Sheffield days. A couple of them like Mr. Sneeze and the 3 Looney Toons was always sitting in my office watching over my simulations and electrons! As i was taking them out from their boxes, memories kept flooding back. Hence this little tribute to them! I will missed them but i am sure they will bring more happiness to more children like they have brought me!

1 comment:

cordy said...

awwww that's so sweet. now all your furry friends will have another chance to brighten up someone else's life :)