Tuesday, August 12, 2008

31 years young!

To all my friends, thanks for all the e-cards, birthday greetings via MSN, sms-es, facebook, friendster and emails and also the cyber e-White Chocolate cake (which i am still waiting for HS to bake in Brisbane!)

We had a birthday bash in Buluh room as usual, of course. No surprise here! What surprised most of my non-lunchmates colleague is that from today, suddenly i got a new name, Amber Ping as given by my project manager( looks like he not only is naming my projects, but started naming cute puppies and R and D Engineers.) Haha... Since the TAO birthday bash has become a norm for us, what surprised me is that how did they managed to buy the cake, as i was with my lunchmates today!

Anyway, if i were to harbour a guess, i think CC went to in the afternoon to get it? Am I right? As after the party, he mentioned that he paid for the cake! Anyway, whatever it is, thanks a lot for the effort.

Well, the TAO-reans sang me a birthday song, and i get to cut my cake with a real plastic cake knife (CC got to use a ruler) and blow the candles. TT keeps wanting to add candles to my cake, 4 is enough for me this year! Thanks. GM asked whether did i make a wish, and whether did i wish that we sell 3000 units of pegasus/per annum? Huh?

Well, the big celebration began @ Sharkeys' Corner 2 hours later. I feel really honoured that the 2 mummies (KY and YL), my guests of honour managed to make it for tonight's dinner! TT had a chance to show off her cooking skills.. Well, our steamboat soup started really bland and tasteless, and she managed to transform it by the time, we are nearing the end of the dinner!
As for CC, he managed to give a shock to the Char Koay Teow Chef, when he asked for "2 eggs please?" The extra egg char koay teow was really good though!

My boss asked me why is it everytime he goes for a buffet in Penang, it is really crowded! The last time our whole team went for buffet in Rasa, it was packed as well! I dun understand it either... maybe, penagites just like to eat!

All in all, i had a wonderful time. Btw, i am still fully awake at this time of night! No thanks to the espresso i just drank just now!

3 comments:

Ivan said...

Kampai ! Amber ! Love the name, as it rhymes well with Ping :-) All for the sake of fun, hopefully, you are not too pik-cik about it :-P

Hmm, ice-cream, ice-cream, ice-cream . . . . . get the hint ;-P :-P

p.s.
Felt so sleepy, even with 4 shots of the espresso. Duh!

Anonymous said...

Wow...there's really a lot of celebrations recently. 18 days later, it will be Uncle Tiong's turn! Well, I wonder how romantic his 31st birthday will be.. keke...u know la pple baru pak thor...ngek ngek ngek...

Pikaping said...

yalor.. Uncle paktor, Birthdays, Promotions, Awards! Wah.. keat!
need to start to kiam pui now.. for next week celebrations.. haha!