Sunday, September 21, 2008

2 holes on my arm

No, i was not bitten by a blood sucking vampire! Just by one one the largest blood sucking group in Penang, haha... They gonna thump me hard for calling these group of really amazing, most dedicated and extremely friendly and helpful group of Blood Donation Campaigners by this nick. Now i can proudly claim to belong to them and as i managed to be a donor of my first pint out blood out today! Yippee... Finally found the courage and the right timing, with sufficient sleep to make it today!

As most of my friends know, i have been helping out with the HYS blood donation group for the pass 3 years. Yup, it has taken me that long to take the 1st plunge, or rather the first needle. Of course, thanks to lots of encouragement from our chief, JH and some other BDC comrades!

The first pint of blood I'd ever donated in my 31 years on this planet. It's a good feeling knowing that I had surrendered 8-10% of my body's supply of circulatory fluid to some unknown strangers who needed them. As we all know or being told repeatedly, there's fewer than 1% of Malaysians donate blood (give or take) and that most of those people only donate once per year, I felt pretty good.

For those who yet to take the first needle, i challenge you to do it now! :)

1 comment:

JH Hoe said...

Aiya, I waited for 3 years, but just missed that special moment. Else I would capture the great picture.

Welcome to the big blood donors family. Like what I always have said, we are blessed to able to donate. Not every tom, dick & harry can do it, isn't it ?