Tuesday, February 3, 2009

9th Day of CNY


The 9th Day of Chinese New Year is a major day for the Hokkiens and we anticipated lots of fireworks in Penang. (Yes, i know, it is banned, but...)

Well, me, Ivan and CC planned a day out to Evian's house. I rushed home after work and got my camera gear ready for a night of photoshooting. There's a nice spot up at the back of the hill at Evian's house. Evian's house is up on a very steep slope where i really dun dare to drive up. Ivan bravely took up the challenge and as he was manuvering a steep corner, we got stuck! As in the bottom of the car hit the ground and we can't move. I was so scared that i screamed my lungs out. My heart already popped out and ran away. Luckily Ivan was calm enough amidst my hysterical scream and managed to manuverve his car up the slope and reach Evian's house safely. All of us had a good laugh after that as ST and Evian was also watching us getting off this tight spot!

Whew, what a relief that i am still alive, i had a rest and calm my nerves and then started a short climb to set up our camera to capture Kek Lok Si at dusk! It was well worth the climb and drive up to enjoy this magnificient view. On top of this was that this place was breezy with no mossies.


The 3 of us getting ready our gear! Evian snapped this shot of us while ST snapped a shot of her snapping us. :)

Ivan was still snapping away as i got abit bored. So i started looking around for some other subjects to shoot. Saw the half Moon, due to the wrong/exposure settings on my camera, i was alarmed to capture a full moon picture! Again, my friends laughed their heads off and used this opportunity to condemm my Canon. Yeah, they are from the Dark Side (Nikon).

After that we proceeded to get our dinner and Botak joined us then. We were chor tai ti-ing our time away as we were waiting for the clock to struck Midnight for the fireworks gala to begin and to begin our 2nd round of shooting. All in all, an amazing night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see, told you, Nikon is the best!